“I know all the things you do. I have seen your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things.” (Revelation 2:19)
With the coming of a new year, most people think of resolutions, new goals, or fresh possibilities. What do you want to change in 2020? What are one or two ways that you can improve?
One of the smartest things that we can do is feed ourselves with great resources. Most of us can’t afford a life coach. Maybe you can’t afford to go to that expensive personal productivity or leadership conference. Thankfully, we live in a time where so much excellent material is available for free if you just know where to look.
I want to share with you three of my favorite podcasts and three of my favorite email newsletters that I believe would really help you in 2020.
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast– Hands down, this is one of the best leadership podcasts out there. Pastor Craig pastors the largest church in the United States and knows a thing or two about leadership. What I have always appreciated about his podcast, though, is that the leadership principles he shares are not just for the church. The material he teaches will help you be a better leader at your job, as well. Groeschel is a great communicator and you will probably want to go back and listen to many of the earlier episodes.
- EntreLeadership– This podcast is part of the leadership arm of Dave Ramsey’s business. The focus of the podcast is on helping entrepreneurs and leaders get better. Each show features interviews from people in every arena of life including business leaders, athletes, military veterans, church leaders, and so many more.
- Business Wars Podcast– This has become one of my favorite podcasts. Each six or seven episode season focuses on two different businesses or corporations. It examines their history and how they competed against each other. One season dealt with Ford vs. Chevrolet. Another season focused on Coca Cola vs. Pepsi. Another season concentrated on the two biggest comic distributors and now movie empires, Marvel vs. DC. Give it a listen. You can thank me later.
- DavidSpell.com– Have you subscribed to my blog? If you haven’t, please do. This is a great way for us to stay in touch and the very best way for you to receive all the free content I send out. My blog comes out on Monday and Friday and a new podcast drops every Wednesday. By signing up, you will ensure that everything I write comes straight into your inbox.
- Seth Godin– Seth is one of those rare bloggers that publishes something of quality every single day. I can’t say that I read them all but I read enough to know that this is some of the best content on the internet in the area of self-improvement. Seth is challenging, insightful, and forces us to look at things with fresh eyes.
- James Clear– Clear is the author of the book Atomic Habits, one of the most powerful books on the market for creating new habits and breaking bad ones. This is one of the few newsletters that I get in my inbox that I always read. Clear sends out a few important thoughts in a short format. Seriously, sign up to get this newsletter and then read it. You will be glad that you did!
Annie and I are serving the Lord in the US, South America, and India. Would you consider joining our team? Just click here to get involved. Thanks so much!